A glimpse into my life and duties as the reigning Miss Black USA.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 13

Hey! :) I'm so glad to finally be able to communicate with you as you view the newly launched Miss Black USA website! I've got lots of exciting experiences to share with you.... :)

Last weekend I attended the Miss Black North Carolina USA Scholarship Pageant as a special guest and performed my talent. The competition was intense and pretty amazing. All the young women were extraordinarily beautiful and talented.

Congratulations, Audrey, Miss Black North Carolina USA 2008!!

In addition, I've been moving out of my apartment...eeeeeeek! These last few weeks have been trying. I've been traveling a lot and moving all at the same time, but I did it with the help of some of my beloved, caring friends. :) I owe them a housewarming party with lots of goodies. While I'm out of town, I’m going to learn how to make carrot cake from scratch with the help of a recipe that a former classmate (and Soror) of mine shared with me. I hope to have it perfected by the time that I return…I can’t wait!

I learned a lot from this moving experience. The most important thing I learned is that this is the very last time I will attempt to move without professional movers. Clearly, there’s a reason people start moving businesses. Moving is not fun, and nobody likes to do it, so I'm sure movers make lots of money! Although I faced a lot of difficulty during this arduous task, it’s finally done. Hoorayyyyyyy!

As advised by my mentor, I’m working on assembling a list of my life goals and preparing them in paragraph form. This method will allow me to include how I plan to reach these goals. It’s a thought provoking exercise. If you’ve never done it before, I would suggest doing so. I’ve already been enlightened by merely listing and planning for just a few goals.

Wow, I’ve got soooooo much to say. I have to catch you up on my experiences as Miss Black USA. For now, though, I’m on my way to having some much needed fun in the sun. ;) God loves you!

Miss Black USA

No comments: