A glimpse into my life and duties as the reigning Miss Black USA.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year! :)

Happy New Year!!

Wow, I can’t believe that 2007 is finally over, and we all can have a chance to make things right in 2008. Although 2007 was tough at times, I am thankful for all the experiences that came my way. Overall, it was a magnificent year, and I learned more about life and love (although I wasn’t in love) than ever before! I am truly excited to experience all that will unfold in 2008. I have decided to be less afraid of saying “no” to people this year. I think the newfound freedom that I will gain from this will be of great benefit.

On Friday, January 4, I went to 102.3 KJLH Radio Free (Stevie Wonder’s Radio Station) in LA and was able to speak a little about the Miss Black USA organization on-air. I even got to perform as the “Jock in a Box” (guest DJ) for the Guy Black Morning Show. I had sooooooo much fun!! I might need to switch my career ambition to becoming a DJ…somebody pass the turn tables!! :) I’d probably get in trouble as a DJ, though, because I would only play the songs I like to listen to. Anyway, the highlight of my visit to the station was being able to speak with “THE” Stevie Wonder over the phone! I was so terribly excited to speak with such a talented, musical genius that I really couldn’t come up with much to talk to him about, so I’m not sure if I made much of an impression on him. If not, at least he was glad to have me at his radio station for that short period of time. ;)

My first reading material of the new year is going to be The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier next week. If Oprah says the book is great, it must be true. LOL. On February 1, 2008, I will begin learning French. I’d love to have suggestions regarding the kinds of software and text books that are most helpful! I’ve got lots more to say this year, including a few “no’s” along the way. :)

No comments: