A glimpse into my life and duties as the reigning Miss Black USA.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Atlanta, GA Promotional Weekend

During the weekend of January 11-13, I visited Atlanta to attend festivities surrounding the Miss Black Georgia USA Scholarship Pageant, a photo shoot with Jerris Madison, and the 2008 Trumpet Awards. When I arrived Friday night, I attended a dessert reception and was able to meet all the contestants in the Miss Black Georgia USA Scholarship pageant. The desserts were absolutely delicious! I fell in love with the oatmeal pecan cookies and ended up taking 6 or 7 back to the hotel with me. Apparently, I am not strong enough to completely abstain from eating sweets. :( Therefore, I must revise that particular goal for this year to allow for a few sweet indulgences occasionally. Yes, that will fix things…. :)

The Miss Black Georgia USA Scholarship Pageant held on Saturday, January 12 was awesome! Congratulations, Kristen White, Miss Black Georgia USA 2008! You looked absolutely gorgeous, and it was truly a pleasure to meet you and spend a little time getting to know you. I know you will do wonderful things for the community and represent the Miss Black USA Scholarship Pageant very well.

On Sunday, January 13, 2008 I was honored and delighted to have the opportunity to attend the Trumpet Awards in Atlanta, GA. The 2008 Honoree is Halle Berry. I had a wonderful time. The winner of the Miss Black Georgia 2008 pageant as well as Miss Georgia Teen attended the event. We were a royal trio strutting around taking pictures with anybody who would allow us to. :) It was my very first experience walking the red carpet. That was quite an experience. I was a little confused at first, but after awhile I caught on to the protocol. Obviously, when I am on the red carpet, photographers and reporters don’t care as much as when a star or celebrity walks, but everybody I met was nice. I learned very quickly to stay out of the way when the “important people” were coming. ;) That’s it for now….

God Bless You,
Kalilah

No comments: